Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Kim Kardashian To Oprah: "My Marriage To Kris Humphries Was Not A Hoax To Pump Up Ratings"

Kim Kardashian, in the first of a two-part interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter", told Oprah Winfrey she got married with Kris Humphries with the best of intentions and explained the dynamic that keeps things sizzling between she and her new boyfriend, Kanye West.


Oprah indirectly asked Kim if her ill-fated 72-day union to the NBA forward, chronicled in both an E! special and a season of "Kourtney and Kim Take New York", was a hoax to pump up ratings.

Kim denied the nuptials were to bring attention to her family, claiming: "We have an amazing fan base that watches the show - we don't do anything for ratings.



"I was in love: I wanted the life that I always pictured my fairytale life to be," Kim told Oprah. "I would've had an extravagant wedding anyway, to end that relationship was a risk in itself to lose ratings and I had to take the risk to be honest to myself."

Kim stated that while everything was great in the beginning, the bloom quickly came off the rose after she and Humphries moved in together.




"I saw how our relationship was," Kim quoted as saying. "I don't want to get into the small things, but once we moved in, I knew he was not the one."

While Kim never apparently said Kris's name aloud in the chat, she conceded that the New Jersey Net forward is a good person.

"I will always have a place in my heart for him- it just wasn't for me," Kim told Oprah. "You know in your heart."







Kim claimed that the fallout of the quickie marriage - essentially becoming a pop culture punchline for a brief union many media pundits thought of as a publicity stunt - almost caused her to step out of out of the spotlight for good.

"I was in such a deep depression I thought I was going to back away from everything,"Kim declared. "I stayed at home for almost four months and I'm a better person now, as heartbreaking as it was to go through.

"I loved him, obviously it hurt him, and it hurt me too. It was embarrassing, I don't want to call it a mistake, it was a lesson."


On a more positive note, Kim told Oprah how a change in dating habits has helped in her romantic affair with Kanye, 35.

"I always dated five years younger," Kim, 31, admitted. "My whole thing was completely different, and now I just love that I'm with someone that's a couple years older than me.

"I love that my friends are even sometimes 20, 30 years older than me."

It has to be noted that part two of "Oprah’s Next Chapter with Kim" airs Sunday at 8/7c on OWN.

What do you think?

Is Kim completely honest with Oprah?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment