Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let out your inner Klaus Kinski!

Just some pointless drivel about cybermatters

Lost Laowai.

I'm currently in Germany and not too happy about it. That's not because of Germany, it's because of reasons I can't discuss here. I'm bitter and tired these days and the weather is just getting worse. It's drizzling a lot and getting colder day by day. Luckily there is no snow yet. Every day I'm looking forward to just stay in the hotel and keep warm and dry. And then I switch on the computer and check news, blogs and social networks. There are times, when I'm so sick of all this cyberspace circus. Don't you wish sometimes you could just replace most of the people you follow on various platforms? Imagine, you just press a button and voila: New people, new stories. Unfortunately, nobody has the guts to do so, me neither. And I don't really believe, that there would be any new stories - we're mostly doing and saying same things, including me. A lot of times, I don't have anything to say, so I don't share a lot, but I still sign in Facebook every day and check my friends' updates... and I'm constantly disappointed, because it's usually very boring. I admire my Taiwanese friends, who still use Facebook as passionately as I have in 2007. It's the same thing with blogs - most of them bore me. It's true, that I'm every day very tired and short on time, but I always browse through my Reader. It's like an old habit, that's somewhat part of me, but I could as well delete the majority of my subscriptions and it would not really make my life any worse. I'm happy when people unfollow me, because I wrote something stupid on a blog or on Twitter. I would never really have the time to check, that I need to kick them out myself, because they are annoying gnats and only followed me, because they thought I'm someone, who's always likable and nice. I'm not! I can be annoying, I can be moody, I can be mean. You not? I hate people, who keep a certain polished up online image of themselves - they mostly sound like bots, not people. They're always sharing same stuff, giving similar answers to everything, there is no passion, no personality, no backbone. Those people must be so boring in real life. Sometimes you need to let out your inner Klaus Kinski, also online! No, especially online. I would love to read his blog, if he had one. It would probably be the best blog in the world. Well, second best after mine, of course. Yeah, right. Do you get the sarcasm? If so, then you get me and I have good news for you: You're not yet doomed!

Greetings from Disseldorf!

MKL

No comments:

Post a Comment