Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Southern Taiwan trip 2012

The holidays are over

The Great Buddha above Changhua City.

I just came back from a 5 days trip around Southern and Central Taiwan, visiting places I haven't seen yet. I finally had the chance to see Tainan City, as well as Chiayi and Changhua City. In addition, I've seen Douliou and Lukang, two very interesting towns, that have surprised me in many ways. We finished the trip with a tour around Taichung and returned to Taipei today in the evening. We've made 12 GB of photos, I've take pictures of all the famous sights and night markets, so you can expect a whole lotta posts in the near future, I wanna cover everything, especially related to Tainan City. Most will be written on my second blog, so be sure to follow there as well.

Apparently there is a famous hotel in Tainan.

I have to say Tainan was the highlight of our trip, Chiayi was not bad, a little disappointing were Lukang and Changhua, while Douliou has surprised us positively. But more about that in the near future, when I write down all my feelings and impressions. Stay tuned!

This was definitely a very active holiday. I'm very tired, but happy, that I could see these places, because I don't think I will be free any time soon. I wanna thank my sweet wife for bringing me around to all the awesome places and also for driving the scooter - she's very skilled and careful. Thumbs up for surviving an afternoon in Taichung, which probably has the craziest traffic in Taiwan. One more day to rest and then... a new week with a pile of work waiting for me... sigh...

How were your Spring festival holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment